2019 – 2020 Technical Graduate Programme
Our technical graduate programme is a two-year immersion into the Frucor Suntory technical and operational world. The programme incorporates some of the best parts of quality assurance, operations, research and development and operations improvement.
You’ll gain real experience in product and packaging development, factory trials, manufacturing and quality assurance including data analysis, lean 6 sigma and quality control tools to support technical research projects.
The programme will give you the chance to grow your career opportunities and experience while earning a competitive salary.
There is no average day at Frucor Suntory and you’ll get to experience working in a truly innovative company.
In the first year of the program, you will spend time mainly in R&D and quality. Your time will be split between projects, lab and office work, as well as factory trials and operations experience.
You could be involved in:
- Developing and implementing new packaging and products in the factory.
- Manufacturing existing products and creating new beverages.
- Developing and maintaining finished product and packaging specifications.
- Providing valuable HACCP, ISO and quality input into production, process, packaging and product design.
- Troubleshooting issues in plant and processes using the DMAIC process.
- Developing prototypes in our R&D centre.
You will work in cross-functional project teams, giving you exposure to other departments including marketing, operations, QA, procurement, planning and logistics, in both New Zealand and Australia.
In the second year of the program you’ll get a chance to work on our continuous improvement program within operations, getting first-hand exposure to world class problem solving techniques and our operational excellence framework.
The aim is to find you a permanent role in research & development, operations, operations improvement or quality assurance by the end of the two year programme.
What are we looking for?
- We want a dynamic person who thinks outside the box and is as passionate about making drinks better as we are!
- You’ll need to have completed a process/engineering/food technology/science/microbiology qualification and have achieved consistently strong grades – we want to see the results from your dedication and commitment.
- We want you to go places, so your ability to lead and influence people will be important.
- You’ll have tonnes of initiative and won’t be afraid to get stuck in and give things a go.
- The practical ability to apply scientific principles to real-world innovative opportunities.
Sound like you? Then please APPLY NOW at frucor.recruitmenthub.co.nz with your CV and your academic transcript included and a covering letter describing your biggest achievement and explaining why you think you’d be an asset to the technical/operational team.
You will need to be completing your qualification in 2018. You will also need to be a New Zealand citizen or hold a New Zealand work visa to be eligible for this position.
Applications for our Technical Graduate Programme close on 31 July 2018.